Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Some Old Commercials

Found some old Seiko and Citizen commercials on youtube.

First up is a 1978 Seiko commercial from Japan featuring a young Kate Bush.  For real.




Five more after the jump!



Next up is a 1983 Seiko commercial staring the Sport Tech line on a team of lifeless mannequins, if that could ever make any sense.




Using the tag line of "Man invented time.  Seiko perfected it" is this 1985 gem.  Coincidentally the old Asian man who owns the produce market I shop at still wears that same ana-dig model that appears in this one.  Apologies for having to click through for this one as the video owner did not permit embedding.



Seiko takes itself a little too seriously in this art house production.  I wonder how much this cost to make.



Citizen is not immune from their forgettable advertizing moments.  Harder to find, but I have two here.  The first one from 1990 which looks a lot like 1985 shows that the right watch and a little exaggeration can get you some action with the ladies.  But I'm sure you knew that already.



Lastly is this one in either Spanish or Portuguese showing a Citizen Aqualand in action.  The very end shows a couple of other Promaster models I have not seen before and look interesting.  I'll have to see if I can learn some more.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Hey were the citizen orca's discontinued?