Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Thin Is In -- Citizen 0.45

I'm not talking about waist size.  I'm talking about watches, of course.  In case you haven't noticed thin mechanical watches have made a minor resurgence by some Swiss manufacturers.

If quartz is your thing and you don't want to spend a fortune on a watch, then Citizen Italy has a nice line of thin watches you might like.  These remind me of the Stiletto models available in the US but with more traditional styling.  The Italian line is called 0.45 because the watches are only 4.5mm thick.  Feature wise these Italian models look nice and have sapphire crystals and from what I could gather from my poor Italian genuine crocodile straps.  To my surprise these models are Eco-Drive solar charged even though they are not labeled so on the dial.  Impressive with such a thin caliber.  I have to say I like the looks of the clean dial without the extra branding.  

All models retail for 268 Euro.

More models after the jump.

AR1110-37B






















AR1113-39C






















AR1113-39B






















AR1110-37A






















AR1113-39A






















AR1110-37H


1 comment:

JapanWatchConnection said...

Thinner and smaller case size (Less than 38mm) men's watches are making a comeback. Seiko also has similar offerings in the Japan domestic market with their V-3000 collection and some are even HEQ accurate to -/+ 10 seconds per year, but no seconds hand.